Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Mileagea Pico DLP Wifi Projector



This thing is smaller than my phone!! The first time I tried this I had a couple friends over to have a campfire, drink some beer, and watch a movie outside. They were blown away with the size and I was entirely happy with the projector. Although it has the built in battery I kept this plugged in to a power source because the last thing we want is for the projector to shut off at a good part. The sound quality is what you'd expect from something this size...not good. However, the audio out port allowed me to connect an external set of speakers which really made it a non-issue.

We started out playing some Gears of War from an Xbox One using the HDMI connection. While the image was a little dark, a few tweaks to the in-game settings made it substantially better. After the gaming session, we streamed some TV shows from Netflix and it was very enjoyable. After that, I used a USB device (formatted in NTFS file format) and was able to use navigate with the included remote to the USB menu on the projector and the file loaded right up!

I have an iPhone and can do AirPlay, but since I prefer to run my media directly I can't tell you how well or not so well that portion works. However, I've seen videos of others using it and it seems to work just fine.

Overall, this thing is entirely too cool! I love being able to do outdoor movies with very little needed from me!

Rated: 5/5
Find it here: https://goo.gl/tf2dh7

No comments:

Post a Comment