Sunday, February 11, 2018

YTE - WiFi Smart Plug Mini



I want to start off by saying I appreciate the small size of these plugs. Let's be honest, it's no small feat to be able to pack this much technology into such a small area. Additionally, I appreciate that this plug still allows use of the other outlet so long as you're not using anything big (it definitely won't fit then). That being said, I would prefer it to be squared as that may have made it so two of these could fit on the same socket.
Regarding set up: It was nice to see the QR code on the box. That made it simple for me to use the camera on my iPhone and go right to the install page on the app store without needing to search for it. My only gripe with setting up the plug in the app was that the Add Device section really made it seem like the I was supposed to be making sure the physical lamp bulb was blinking, but I came to realize they meant the light on the plug itself. That was honestly my biggest hang up with this product but I could definitely see it causing frustration with those who are less tech savvy.
Overall, the plugs were easy to configure and get on my network. The app controls the devices quickly and so does the physical button. Having Alexa/Google Home/IFTT tie ins also seal the deal for me. If you're looking for low cost but highly efficient smart plugs then don't hesitate to put these in your cart.
Rated: 4/5
Find it here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077VLLKB8

No comments:

Post a Comment